Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Historical Movie

I'm talking about The End of the Line.

It's being compared to Al Gore's An inconvenient Truth and it deals with the overfishing of our Oceans. Underwater Thrills have written about it and I invite you to go read that post and to browse the above link.
Or watch this.



The relevant YouTube page features several excerpts and trailers of which this is but a small selection.











And not to be all gloom and doom, a possible solution.
Reminds me of that place in Fiji!



3 comments:

Horizon Charters Guadalupe Cage Diving said...

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those once in a lifetime eco films.

Kudos to the filmmakers!

DaShark said...

That's exactly the way I feel too!

And: no hysteria, no throwing of stones, no ramming of boats, no Discovery "wars" - just cold, objective and shocking facts.
PLUS, recipes for solutions.

Alas, when it comes to some species, I'm not hopeful - but everything aimed at educating the public counts and must be supported!

Indeed, big Kudos!

Dazy said...

I just watched the movie, and I liked it. I'm not sure how, but I had never heard of this movie until a friend of mine loaned it to me to watch, thanks Ritz.