Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Of Shark and Man - nearly there!


Sorry for the protracted silence.

The last few days have been hectic.
Catering to Royalty is of course both an honor and enormously inspiring - but at the same time, people of that caliber have very precise ideas about what they want to achieve, and staging the Shark dive so that everybody got the shot, and this without interfering with the others has been challenging. Methinks we pulled it off, this especially due to the incredibly hard work of the BAD boyz who were proud and eager to showcase our Sharks to such an illustrious audience - but like I said, images are forthcoming and you will get the opportunity to judge for yourselves.

Truth be told, I'm still somewhat reeling.
So this could not have come at a better time as I really don't have the energy to come up with original content let alone a breathy rant - so please, do take the time to read David's post and also watch the interview which is certainly intriguing.
Yes OSAM is completed and will be rolled out very shortly indeed. I haven't yet seen it and must confess that I look forward to it with great trepidation - not only because the SRMR is my baby but also, because I've broken with one of my rules and have sat for extensive interviews. The footage dates back to 2011 and I've obviously forgotten what I said back then - but I've since learned a lot, and some of my beliefs and priorities have evolved, become more nuanced or changed altogether. 
Looking back will certainly be an interesting personal experience!

Anyway - enjoy!
 

8 comments:

OfficetoOcean said...

If it's any comfort, everyone who has seen it so far or even just bits of it, thinks you're great.

You'll probably hate hearing that but your involvement on screen (which is significant) elevates the film and its content above what it could ever have been without.

I'm pretty confident you might actually be pleasantly surprised with yourself ;)

Shark Defenders said...

I'm excited to see the film!

DaShark said...

@ O2O

Flattery will get you nowhere young man!

Lindsay L. Graff said...

Can't wait to see it! -the trailers are amazing!

OfficetoOcean said...

I'll make sure to send you the promo t-shirts with a giant picture of your face on the front :D

Michele said...

Looking forward to seeing this!

OfficetoOcean said...

Hi Michele

There will be a private online screener of the film at some point soon, basically as soon as I can get access to broadband which is fast enough to upload the Director's cut in hours as opposed to days!

This sceener will be sent out to hand picked people who I admire and who really know their stuff about both sharks and film-making so I can get some feedback.

I actually had you guys on a "wishlist" of people I made a while back so if you'd be interested, please feel free to drop me an email so I can send you a link as soon as it's ready.

You can reach me at david@scarletviewmedia.com if you'd like?

Michele said...

OfficetoOcean - Look for an email from me. ~ Michele