Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Morons vs Conservationists?


Apparently, people like these are disrespectful morons.




But this new age clap trap is Shark Conservation!



Whatever - right?

So, how is this any different from the first two clips?
I've actually said what I wanted to say a long time ago - about the self promoting bikini bimbettes, the people that abuse Sharks as underwater scooters, and the fallacy of trying to change people's perception, or whatever, by engaging in those gratuitous stunts in order to "prove" that those large predatory Sharks are harmless .
That's 1:1 Ritter - and we all know how that one ended.

So don't worry, I'm not gonna post another rant.
Instead, read the take of one of the most regarded GWS researchers here and here.
I of course agree with every single word, and so do all responsible GWS dive operators - the exception being the token hippy, stoner version of Dog the Bounty Hunter aka the EcoPirate who has established himself as the el cheapo no-holds-barred enabler of those latest stupidities.
Including the upcoming latest folly of Ritter himself!

I say, bravo Michael Domeier!
As Patric correctly predicted, Act Two is shaping up to be a good one! :)

8 comments:

jsd said...

I agree that these bikini bimbettes swimming with sharks is an absolute disgrace. It's a disgrace to my intelligence. It's a disgrace to my interest. And it's a disgrace to my attention span. When are they going to ditch the bikinis and get with the times?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2004042/Naked-female-scientist-tries-tame-beluga-whales-arctic.html

DaShark said...

Patience my friend - all in due course! :)

Plus, we already got ourselves a pioneer!

Unknown said...

I have to say Komi Werner is a friend of mine she is an amazing free diver and has the utmost respect for the ocean and conservation. Just cause she's riding does not mean she is a bikini bimbette.

DaShark said...

The name is Kimi! :)

Anyway, Scott, maybe.
She sure comes across as a nice person - but stuff like this suggest that it was primarily a marketing gig.

Be it as it may, u may want educate her about some of the stuff you have learned (have you?) here in Fiji - as in, Sharks are not fucking underwater scooters! ?

Megalobomb said...

You missed one! http://vimeo.com/68632701

DaShark said...

Ooooh no I sure did not!
That, and her other epic conservation feats are gonna be highlighted in an upcoming post! :)

Reminds me of the Armageddon-kitch by the Fuehrer of the GWS dipshit page!

And... did u notice the strategic cut @ 01:31?

Shark Diver said...

Mike, you are right on the money with your blog. I always tell our divers that I love the GWS, but that feeling is not mutual. They are not freaking pets. I love them enough to respect the fact that they are wild predators and treat them accordingly.

OfficetoOcean said...

It's not easy to tell that chick and the Manatee apart to be honest. What an absolute horror.