Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Junior - the Video!

FACE IT! - Fabulous pic by Marty (yes this is a link!).

Bingo!

David has finally obtained the video.
Here it is.



As I said, I'm done with this.
The video fully confirms my suspicions that this has been an ignominious smear campaign against Michael Domeier.
It also very much confirms my opinion about the many self congratulatory so-called Shark experts who saw it fit to engage in gratuitous pseudo-scientific pseudo-forensic speculation, sniping and finger pointing in the comments section of David's first post. Remember their names as they will undoubtedly be completely unfazed and continue to rant, speculate and bloviate about other Shark related matters, this with equally zero knowledge let alone credibility.

I'm not gonna repeat my final take on this fiasco.
I fully stand by what I wrote there, including the need for holding the perpetrators, enablers and accomplices accountable. But fear not, Greg Barron is already very much starting to ask the right questions.

Just this.
Congratulations to Michael Domeier who finds himself fully vindicated in the matter of whether he caused permanent damage to the Shark.
Huge kudos to David for having doggedly persevered in this matter.

Comments policy.
This is David's blog post, and I invite everybody to post their comments there and not here. Comments parroting what has already been posted on the various Junior threads here or on Southern Fried Science will be deleted.

PS excellent op ed by Patric here.
Totally agree, albeit with one small exception: if the right people stay on the ball, there can be positive consequences. The various people who played a role in this need to be held accountable and if necessary, removed. Also, I continue to maintain that present tagging procedures (by close to all researchers everywhere) are generally too invasive and that the gizmos can, and need to be fixed. I know that changes are already being implemented - and if this utter fiasco has helped trigger some reflection and a new trend, then it will ultimately result in a positive outcome both for the animals and for the researchers studying them.
Fingers crossed!

No comments: