Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fingers Crossed!


Great News!

The Fishing Lobby is fuming about the appointment of Jane Lubchenco as the new Head of NOAA. Well all I can say is that I don't really give a rat's ass about whether her policy paper has been "discredited" or not: anything the Fishermen don't like can only be good for the Fish, full stop!

Wanna know what I'm talking about - and you should?
You can find the Executive Summary here or download the Full Report.
Read them, they are just great! Kudos, and Thank You to the Pew Ocean Commission for a Job very well done - propaganda or no propaganda!

Will some of the past mistakes be avoided this time?
I sure hope so - fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Horizon Charters Guadalupe Cage Diving said...

I have to admit I have not followed this one at all, just to hear the new head of NOAA is a complete anti-take radical who is probably a secret lesbian as well...and a mean one at that.

What's the deal here can you cut through some of the noise and Haiku it down for me?

DaShark said...

(:

Sounds all good to me!

If you read the paper, it's about implementing sustainable Fisheries - and stopping it where it aint. Plus, creating plenty of MPAs in order to replenish stocks.

To me, that's exactly the way it should be!