Friday, May 22, 2015

Grouper Spawning in French Polynesia - must-see!


Johann alerts me to this post.

This is simply sensational stuff.
I've witnessed the Grouper spawning aggregation in Tetamanu ages ago and it remains one of the highlights of my diving career. Last year, a group of French and Swiss researchers and cinematographers did embark on a major mission to document the event, and this is finally the program depicting that expedition. Featuring renown marine biologist and adventurer Laurent Ballesta, it will also document a 24-hour rebreather dive at the height of the spawning cycle when the local Grey Reefies go on a rampage (and here!) among the Groupers.
This being Arte, I expect nothing short of epic - so make sure you don't miss it!

And here's the trailer.
Enjoy - and I mean it!



No comments: