Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Frivolous Science


Sharks have weak bites, say scientists.
And who gives a damn, says I.

I've ranted about it before, it just pisses me off to see rare and valuable scientific resources, and brainpower, squandered on such trivia! Does it get any more useless, wasteful and stupid than this?

Cui bono?
Is this going to save a single Shark from Extinction?
Because, and I shall never tire to repeat it, in 2009, the only possible justification for any Biological Research is Conservation. Funding is extremely scarce and hard to come by and just cannot be squandered on such frivolous and unnecessary projects, full stop!

Plus, I cannot even begin to try and fathom the ethics of "knocking out" big and threatened Sharks to then electronically stimulate their jaws - for Nothing!
Guys, for crying out loud!!! What would you say if somebody traveled to China and did the same thing to an effing Panda??? Huh?

Shame on you!

No comments: